I had another meeting last night and I love another 1.6 lbs. That's a total of 16 lbs in 8 weeks. I never thought I could actually stay with something because you see I have the incapability of following through on most things. I've stuck this one out though and it has paid off.
I realized at my meeting that I have Mike to thank a lot for my weight loss success. I went to the grocery store on Monday before my meeting. When I came home Mike didn't have the dinner in front of him that he told me he was going to pick up. I was confused so I asked about it. He told me that he bought pizza while I was at the store, ate it, put it away and threw away the box before I returned home so I didn't have to smell it and be tempted to want some. WOW!
Very few things in our life are done on our own; we just weren't made to be solo being. We are made for relationship. Mike really could have taken two approaches... supportive but indifferent or actively taking part in my success. He chose to be active. He doesn't just encourage me to go work out, he asks me to come with him. :)
16 lbs and going is awesome!
I love this post! You are so right. We are made for community and relationship. I am so glad that you have a spouse that is supportive of your goals. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete