This year I tried something new, I didn't set any resolutions because I have NEVER ever followed through on even one of them regardless of how manageable and well-intentioned they were. In weight watchers, we were encouraged to envision winning outcomes instead. I realized that even with my success with weight watchers over 11 months, I had become very lazy in my routine, occasionally to the detriment of my weight loss progress.
I thought about what I could and want to accomplish this year and started brainstorming steps to get to those outcomes.

1. Norman's health (and mine)- I do not have time to commit to a gym regiment nor the money to pay for a membership but I live in quite a lovely apartment complex on a breathtaking golf course and my pug is pretty roundish in the middle section. I want to start taking him for more walks, I can't state a certain number of times per week but this is something I can do and Norman needs it as well.

2. Reducing my number of cups of coffee and soda. I have successfully
switched to either all decaf or all but maybe one cup a day but the
problem remains...I drink so much coffee. It's a serious comfort blanket
for me. I love love love holding a warm coffee mug in my hands.
There is no excuse for soda though (nothing therapeutic there).
I've had someone suggest switching to hot tea. Maybe... ideas?
 |
| Class of 2012 |
3. Maintain a 4.0 GPA. This may seem ridiculous and there might come a time that this has to drop if other tasks take priority but I want to say I graduated with my master's in Education Administration with a 4.0 GPA. I know that employers won't care but I do.
 |
| Cause it works! |
4. Average 1lb weight loss per week until I'm pregnant or until I reach goal weight. This is not unreasonable at all! I started losing weight Feb. 22, 2010. Had a maintained the recommended and healthy weight loss of 1 lb/week until now, I would have lost almost 48 lbs and I'd be painfully close to goal right now. Instead, I'm still about 15 lbs away. There are always weeks of gains or losses but 1 lb a week is achievable.
Those sound like great ideas! I started drinking more tea in the last few months and really enjoy it. I find a hot earl grey (or other black tea) with a little milk makes a great coffee substitute in the morning. I prefer fruity teas iced and herbal teas in the evening.
ReplyDeletegreat ideas, thanks Amber. I was thinking that less coffee (even decaf) might be easier on my digestive system too
ReplyDelete