3.20.2012

Have you ever been robbed?

Has anyone ever stolen something from you? Obviously you weren't expecting it or it would have been more like borrowing. Has anyone ever come into your home and taken something that could never be replaced by any amount of money, time, new models, gifts, etc? What do you do?

I've been robbed. Something that can never be replaced was taken from me. There is a helplessness associated with something being taken compared to just losing something. When you lose something you can retrace your steps, figure out how to get it back, prevent the chances of losing it again. When your life is invaded and something is stolen, there is no planning, no preparation.

Did the person who robbed you call you up and say, "hey, I have what I took from you and would like to meet to discuss what you can do to earn it back?" Have you ever stood across the fence and watched the robber dangle your stolen belonging in front of you and let you see it to remember that it should be yours but continue to withhold the item?

Did you have to take classes and endure observations and scrutiny by the robber and all his buddies so that they could see if they thought you deserved to have what they took even though you had never done anything to deserve to be robbed in the first place?

Through this whole ordeal I have rarely sat and threw myself a pity party and I hope this will be the last time I do but I couldn't figure out how to relate this trial to something that other people might connect with. It's not like death...I've lost a close family member. It's not like losing a job, it's not like losing a relationship (although I've never experienced divorce or death of a spouse). It's not like anything else I've experienced. I can honestly pray that no one I know ever goes through it themselves.

I pray you are never robbed.

No comments :

Post a Comment