9.02.2012

Product Review: Proactiv and Wen Hair

Over the summer I succumbed to my consumerist tendencies and my susceptibility to advertising. I decided to try Proactiv and Wen Hair by Chaz Dean. I did research about both, sought feedback from people I know who use both products, and understood the financial commitment that both required before starting either product. I've decided to stop using both products but I thought I'd share my results in case others are interested in considering using Proactiv or Wen Hair.
acnetreatment.net

I have occasional break outs and thought that Proactiv with all of its celebrity endorsements would be the solution. I used the basic three step line, which should be done twice a day. I had to immediately cut back to once a day because my skin was tight and felt so dry. I could only use the acne medication as a spot treatment because it dried out my skin. Overall, I've decided that the price of the product was not worth the lack of results and serious change in skin moisture. I still have my sporadic break outs so perhaps Proactiv just isn't for me. I've used almost every type of skin care out there. I've used every variation of Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, Origins, Clinique, and the Say Yes line (in blueberry, cucumber, and tomato). My favorite by far will always be Mary Kay. I wish I knew someone who sells it. I wish that I still sold it just so I could get the product. Nothing has ever worked better or been more worth the price than the Time Wise line by Mary Kay.

marykay.com
I have thick, frizzy hair. I thought that Wen Hair might tame it and give me the silky Asian style, straight hair that I can only achieve with tons of product and a flat iron. The Wen Hair line is different than most other shampoos because there are no sulfates so there is no lather. I realize that I actually wanted the lathering. Because the shampoo has no sulfates, it won't strip off product, build up, or dirt and grime. Wen Hair continues to coat the hair and I believe that is what gives the slick, soft feeling that people reportedly love. I decided to stop using the product for a few reasons:
1. I have to use so much product and a tiny bottle is $30. One little bottle only lasted 3 weeks and I only wash my hair every 3 days or so.
2. The washing process is tedious. You have separate your hair into sections and use a comb to move the product through you hair. I just don't have time for this.
3. My hair felt heavier than it already is, it felt constantly oily, and was not smoother and silkier at all.

wenhair.com
So...I cancelled both subscriptions and luckily it was easy to cancel both. I can't say don't use them but I wasn't a fan.

2 comments :

  1. Sorry they didn't work for you. My favorite by far is Aveda. For face, for hair, for makeup, everything. LOVE!! Would definitely recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... my sister in law also likes Aveda. I can honestly say it is one line I've never tried.

    ReplyDelete