Let me start by saying that I did the tracking program through WW for over a year and lost 46 lbs...it works! Weight Watchers works! Let me continue by saying, using the Simply Filling program through WW, I've lost 18.2 lbs in 5 weeks!!!! Did I get your attention? Let's continue...
![]() |
| image from stackoverflow.com |
Sooooo...what exactly are Power Foods? Without causing serious copyright issues because I do like to observe proper Netiquette, Power Foods are actually quite simple:
- all fruits and veggies
- lean meats (93% fat free or more, skinless, trimmed etc)
- nonfat dairy
- whole grains (actual whole grains, not processed, partial, or artificially inserted grains) It must say 100% whole grain and nothing else.
- 2 tsp of healthy oils (olive, vegetable etc) daily
What does this look like in a daily life then? I am so glad you asked! I have found some fantastic recipes to help me along my way. I shared the slow cooker pumpkin oatmeal made with steel cut oats a while back. You can grab that recipe here. I have found that I love plain nonfat greek yogurt for breakfast with just a sprinkling of splenda (yes I eat that crap) with a whole cut up banana. I snack on fruit like ALL DAY LONG!!!!!! Lunch is fun and quite frankly flirty salads topped with everything from frozen corn and black beans with salsa to left over grilled chicken, fat free feta, and a small handful of almonds (those have to be deducted). This week it is homemade bean dip topped with salsa, mounds of lettuce, FF cheddar over Tostitos baked scoops. Yum!!!
But I want a glass of wine, is that a Power Food? Alas, it is not. However, you have 49 PPV to use for the week in any way you'd like. Enjoy a glass of wine (4 PPV for 4 oz), have some ice cream, include some real parmesan on your whole wheat pasta and homemade spaghetti sauce. Huge perk...not even joking- Grande Skinny cinnamon dolce latte at Starbucks is a Power Food. What!!
How do I start??? Start by saying no to anything prepared in a box for you or prepared as a frozen meal. Make your meals and freeze them yourself to go to later in the week. Explore veggies and fruits that are seasonal because they are cheaper and usually taste better. This is the perfect time of year to try some new squashes. Stock up on fruits and veggies. Yes you will have to shop at least once a week because natural, non-processed foods just don't last as long. I literally buy a bunch of 8 or more bananas three times a week. My daughter, husband, and I gobble them down like people catnip.
I have said it and I'll say it again, I have been so successful using the Simply Filling Technique through WW. You don't lose 18.2 lbs in 5 weeks not loving the program. I never feel deprived, I don't take any pills, I do my strength training with my physical therapist for my knee (for which I earn activity points and hence more food points), and I never feel deprived or starving. I enjoy a brownie if I want it and I don't hate myself afterward. Simply Filling is just that...Simple.

No comments :
Post a Comment