8.30.2009

The one thing that is forever

I was thinking about how many things in my life won't be forever.

My job- I can go to professional development classes and get a masters to be better at my job but that is likely going to change numerous times in my life.

My home- I can improve my home over time and redecorate but I'll probably move many times during my life and have to start over each time.

Children- I will have children and I want to make sure I am a great mom but someday those kids will grow up and move out and everything will be different.

My body- I can work out and eat better to get the best body ever and be healthy but that will eventually fade as time takes over my body.

My friends- I love them and hope I am friends with them all forever but friendships always change, even if you keep them the dynamic changes.

My husband- that's forever. Until I'm not here he is constant. He's the one thing that God has hand picked to stay constant in my life forever. Improving myself as a wife and working on my relationship with him will always produce the longest term results, it'll
never be fleeting. Short of growing in my relationship with God and being more Christlike, my next and top priority should always be my relationship with my husband.

That's just what's stewing my heart.

No comments :

Post a Comment