I was taking an inventory of my first week of school...
WOW! This week has to be the best first week of school I've had in the four years I've been a teacher. Most of my 8th graders I knew from last year but the rest of them are all new. Since I'm teaching 3rd through 8th graders, I have quite a span of ages throughout the day. It's funny though because I start with my 7/8 group first and slowly drop in age until I get my 3/4 group last. The speed of my words slow and the pitch of my voice gets higher as the day goes on. I feel grateful that I spent two years teaching 3rd graders so my classroom management techniques are already there. I've had several parents already email and tell me that their students are enjoying science so far. That's the desire of every teacher's heart... to know their students are enjoying what they're learning.
I was taking an inventory of my first two months being married...
It feels like it's been more than two months but in reality, our two month wedding anniversary is Aug 19th. I've been asked quite a bit "so, how's married life?"
1. Wonderful! So far my fav part is waking up next to my husband and falling asleep next to my husband.
2. Challenging. I find I have to be more accountable to my spending because it doesn't just affect me.
3. Exciting. I never quite know what else I'll learn about Mike next.
4. Similar. Although I'm around Mike much more we still lead our own lives quite independently of each other. We still spend time with our individual friends and enjoy our own pasttimes.
Very different than this time last year.
No comments :
Post a Comment