I've been on this super dry spell lately where I feel like I haven't been able to hear anything from God. Of course this is my fault for not putting myself in places where God could speak through my ranting and crying and "what ifs..."
Today, God finally spoke!
Mike and I have been debating this issue of corrective eye surgery for me and the process has not been easy. The surgery would require a huge financial commitment that we really aren't able to make with financing the process AKA more debt. We are supposed to have an appt. with my eye surgeon on Monday and Mike wanted us to be sure of our decision before going into the appt. I was so stressed by thinking about it that I asked Mike to pray about it and decide and I would respect whatever decision he made (so much easier said than done by the way).
This morning at Tres Dias, I felt that block again like I couldn't come to God. I asked Him to tell what was the way and he spoke so clearly. I wrote it all down...
"God does not call us to be in debt (too late for me). When the door has been opened to this opportunity (my eye surgery) then God will provide the clarity and finances. It won't cause disunity or doubt, it won't be frustrating and it will not drown us in financial depression.
We are not called to battle flesh and blood but instead the forces of evil (anyone know the address on that one). This decision has caused animosity between my husband and me and it has caused me to be dissatisfied with my flesh. I need to refocus on loving and honoring my husband and pursuing my relationship with God. This potential eye surgery has distracted me so it is not the right time. The things that keep us from God must be disgarded."
the problem was the FLEX spending I already set aside and must spend or I lose that money. I could use the money on the following:
1. a mouthgaurd from my dentist for my TMJ
2. a weight loss program (not sure if FLEX reimburses for that)
3. new glasses and longer supply of contacts
4. visiting a back specialist for my depressed lower disks.
5. teeth bonding
Ultimately the peace I feel after this decision is so amazing. When I came home I read this to Mike and he told me that he had also been praying and was going to say the same thing. Confirmation is always a sign of God.
So for now... no eye surgery but instead I'm being in God' will and that's so much more necessary.
I know you were concerned with the money you had already set aside, but I am so glad you decided not to do the surgery. Praise God for clear direction!
ReplyDeleteI think the address you are looking for is Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. "
ReplyDeleteit was a great Tres Dias meeting, and I was blessed to be able to be there. i am glad that the Lord spoke to you about the issue that was on your heart. Praise Him.
Leah-
ReplyDeleteIt so great so see God directing your life. Seems God has been doing some great work in your life since the days of our meetings at the Zaiders...