3.15.2010

Some new adventures

I mentioned in my last post that I had joined Weight Watchers, and that continues to be successful and exciting.  I lost 2.2 more pounds last week taking my two week total to 8 lbs.  I'm very near my 5% goal.  I go again tonight and am excited to see what happens.  In addition to watching what I eat, I've added exercise to the mix.  On Saturday I tried my first Zumba class.  Besides basically floundering about like a fish out of water, I really enjoyed myself.  Today my arms and abs and legs are all sore...the good kind.  I used the activity calculator to see how many points I earned and it was 9!  OMG, that's astonishing.  I want to keep on keepin on and taking on this journey because results are invigorating.

We officially only have 1 quarter left of school and I admit that my heart is breaking just a little.  I love my students and teaching this year.  Everyone told me that if you can make it through your first three years, things will change afterward and they were right.  It's a wonderful twist to desperately miss the students who haven't even graduated yet rather than eagerly count the days until their departure. 

Stay tuned for an update after tonight's meeting...

1 comment :

  1. So only 1 more year for me and then things will change?

    ReplyDelete