12.13.2010

For we need a little positive, right this very minute

This week was tough with my food decisions, not gonna lie. For people who have never struggled with how much they weigh, that sounds so trite and meaningless but if you have struggled with your weight and what you eat, you may understand the frustration of such a bad week.

However- at my meeting tonight I started jotting down some seriously positive things that have happened this week alone:
1. I made my first batch of black beans from scratch. From those tasty beans came 5 pre-packaged lunches for the week!
2. I found some new items that are lower in points on the new WW program. I recommend:
            Sara Lee 45 Calorie Delight bread- 2 slices, 2 points, great value
3. Several people have been inspired to join weight watchers because of my weight loss stories. I don't mean to boast but to point out the value of transparency. There are so many "diets" that just don't work and WW does! Sharing your weight loss journey and being willing to share that you are an overweight person can be vulnerable but when people know they are not alone, they are more apt to share their struggles as well.
4. I am healthier, fitter, thinner, and full of more nutrients now than I have been since high school. This is my smallest size ever!
5. I have made several great friends, including my WW buddy Karen through this journey.
In case you haven't seen, here are the before and after shots:
Before: January 2010

After Dec 2010

2 comments :

  1. I once said in a meeting thst, "this is the least I have ever weighed," and another member piped up, "you must have been a big baby." Hehehe, just to make you smile :-)

    You inspired me to join! If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have lost 22 pounds and be at my goal weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing, Leah. I'm so proud of your dedication and hard work. Losing weight isn't easy, and I hate it when ads make people think that it is. I think it's awesome that you share your journey with the world. It may not be easy, but it is SO possible :)

    ReplyDelete