1.15.2013

Just Around the Corner

Feb. 2nd...it's coming. Even worse, February 6th is coming right afterward. These are days that I'm dreading worse than the anniversary of my grandfather's death. I wish I had my husband's optimism as he looks forward to celebrating God's triumph; I approach this day with lingering pain and trepidation.

In high school, I loved a band called Plumb. Do you remember them? Plumb just released a new album with a single that has been frequenting K-Love, it's called Need You Now (How Many Times). The lead singer wrote the song in reflection of her times in high school dealing with anxiety attacks. I think this song likely resonates with so many people because we have all been through times in our life where we were desperately clutching to God in desperation for His deliverance. Consider the lyrics (from azlyrics.com):

"Need You Now (How Many Times)"


Well, everybody's got a story to tell
And everybody's got a wound to be healed
I want to believe there's beauty here
So, I guess you're tired of holding on
I can't let go, I can't move on (this is me right now)
I want to believe there's meaning here (this was me then)

How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this"?
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
(begging, pleading, gasping)
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.

Standing on a road I didn't plan
Wondering how I got to where I am
I'm trying to hear that still small voice
I'm trying to hear above the noise

How many times have you heard me cry out
"God please take this"?
How many times have you given me strength to
Just keep breathing?
Oh I need you
God, I need you now.

Though I walk,
Though I walk through the shadows
And I, I am so afraid
Please stay, please stay right beside me
With every single step I take

Here's the good news... it's time to do something proactive. Interestingly, Mike and I have had the same exact thoughts on our minds and in our hearts recently and when we shared with each other tonight, we were astonished to see how God had revealed the same thing to each of us. I think we are finally ready. We loathe the idea that another family will endure our plight, that another child will be lose precious time with their deserving parents because of ambiguous and misinterpreted data. This just can't happen again. We received so much encouragement and guidance from complete strangers we found on the internet who went through exactly the same thing that we did. I wish there was a platform, a soapbox if you will. The time will come; in fact, it's just around the corner. 

No comments :

Post a Comment