On Sunday, Brad emphasized the importance of confessing sin to one another so that it doesn't create a stronghold in your life like sin has a tendency to do when it remains unconfessed. I felt convicted that it was important for me to do that. Then tonight I was reading Psalm 32 from the Message Bible (because all the others are in my car) and here's what it started with:
Starting with verse 2
Count yourself lucky-
God holds nothing against you
and you're holding nothing back from him.
When I kept it all inside
my bones turned to powder,
my words became daylong groans
The pressure never let up
(now for the cream of the passage)
all the juices of my life dried up.
The idea that sin bottled up could literally suck the life out me was another fantastic reminder of how important it is to confess the sin that we know God has already forgiven. I can't wait to start posting little tidbits like these on One Tuesday Night (our bible study's new blog).
I am also posting a little video of Jackson last night. I had the chance to hang out with him a bit before Bible study. I love the little guy.
No comments :
Post a Comment