It's not secret that I have been watching Everyday Italian and Giada at Home like clock work since October... in fact I DVR her shows so that I can catch them all. I can't tell if I love her food or have convinced myself that if I just look at her long enough, I'll magically start looking like her. If you don't know what I mean by "her" I'm referring to Giada DeLaurentis.
Anyway...she frequently uses pancetta in her cooking. I tried using pancetta last night in my cooking. Saffron rice with pancetta. What she doesn't tell you while she looks perfect sauteing her pancetta is that it's basically bacon and bacon has fat and fat pops when it cooks. So now I have two red circle sizzled into my arm as evidence of my attempt to duplicate her recipe. I'm just not as glamorous.
Finally...I've been pondering the idea of a New Year's Resolution. Every year I make at least 1 and every year I make it to about the end of January. This year I don't even want to make one because I know I won't complete but there are a couple things I really want to do and it seems like a new year with a new start is such a great time to try it.
1. My weight- can I just ring this over dinged bell? I decided I need to have a competition. I want to compete against someone to see who can lose a higher percentage of their body weight and I want there to be a prize. I don't know how to make this happen.
2. presentation- when I was in college my friend Alissa once told me that although I didn't necessarily have the most expensive things and I wasn't always fancy, I was always put together. My nails, face and skin were clean, I smelled good, my hair was styled (not fancily), I had a little makeup on and I always had some accessories to finish off my look (a belt, earrings, hat etc). I am lazy now. I was to be more put together again. I think it comes with taking some pride in how I appear to others. Plus I always felt better too.
3. get a talent- I am a talentless lump. I can't do anything especially well. I'm not particularly artistic, musical, athletic, economical etc. I like to cook but am still being popped by my pancetta and frequently burn dinner (which Mike still graciously eats). I need to be good at something...anything really
So it will be interesting to see where I am one year from now...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love it! I say you combine your first and your third resolution. Develop a talent for cooking healthy meals. You'll lose weight as you eat healthier and you will also begin to have more pride in yourself because you feel better which will help you with #2. What a great three to work with!
ReplyDelete