Last week I went to my first spinning class and set 3 goals specifically for spinning. I met two of them tonight. The fact that I even took my butt to the gym is a miracle (thank you mike!)
Goal 1: complete all 60 minutes of a class. Done and done! Start to finish.
Goal 2: stand when she says stand and go at a reasonable resistance. Bam, check out my boots! Not only did I stand but but but I also kept up her resistance. To give you an idea, I couldn't go higher than gear 10 last week and I was sweatin it out at gear 19 tonight. I kept thinking about my friend Dana. She's training for a marathon and she said that each day she looks at her running schedule and thinks "no way I can do that!" and she always does. So even though my brain was saying "you can't go up another gear," thumb was quoting a former student of mine "lies!" and up the resistance went.
I'm al inspired by several women in my life. My friend Kathy totally taught Zumba until she was like 38 weeks pregnant. My best friend amber is 22 weeks pregnant and still running. And I can't forget about my friend Dana the marathon trainer.
Goal 3... On its way!
No comments :
Post a Comment