In my last post I mentioned that I do not usually write New Year's resolutions because when I have, they are usually forgotten as resolutions often are. Fortunately, my goal to get back on my weight watchers track happens to coincide with a new year. Mike and I are hoping to get pregnant again in 2013 (I have to take a least a year to recover from the c-section), which means that I have at least a year if not more to work on getting back to where I started pre-pregnancy and be back in shape for the next pregnancy. My friend Amber reminded me that achievable goals have steps and a plan.
My overall goals are:
1. lose at least 45 pounds by Dec 31st
2. join and attend a gym
Losing the weight is self-explanatory (or the need to do it) but unlike last time where I did it with dieting alone (Weight Watchers), my OB is highly encouraging me to start being active. She specifically said to hit the gym. I am battling some post-partum depression and she thinks the working will help weight loss and my emotions.
Steps for goals:
1. I will eat the assigned number of points per day as designated by WW and save the weekly bonus points for a treat rather than exceeding my point daily or never using them. I will start by drinking 3 glasses of water a day (I did great at that when I was pregnant). Always keep fruit on hand at work and home for snacks. I will track track track!
2. By the end of the week I am going to choose and join a gym. I will plan to attend the gym two evenings and work out for 30 minutes and do 1 weekend workout for 45 minutes.
Well...it's a start
No comments :
Post a Comment