1.10.2012

What I can control

At my weight watchers meeting last night, the leader asked why weight watchers works. Many people said stuff like, "it's flexible", "etools", "lots of options", "easy to follow" etc. I thought about why it has been the ONLY successful plan for my weight loss and I realized that it's about control. In my life there are so few things I can control (and rightly so). I can't control my husband or my daughter (although I try on both accounts), I can't control my students or my job, I can't control bills and the economy, I can't control if my car will break down or whether my daughter will sleep through the night. I CAN control what I put into my body though. I can control what I eat and drink, the vitamins I take, and how much I work out. Even when I feel out of control, the reality is that I am the only one who can control that (with God's help of course). I love love love weight watchers because their plan allows me to control my weight loss goals and success. The plan works regardless of what anyone says but you have to work it.

I thought about part of the serenity prayer: God grant me the courageous to change the things I can. That's why weight watchers works!

No comments :

Post a Comment