![]() |
| Photo by www.courtneysargentphotography.com |
One month later, we had certainly fallen into a routine. We celebrated our first time visiting the Autumn Festival at Chaparral Church and were looking forward to our first Thanksgiving together
I can't figure out to flip this photo but by now Kenzie was sleeping about 8 hours a night and we were preparing for our first visit to Santa and our first Christmas.
At three months old, Kenzie had just started going to her baby sitter. I had returned to work and little did we know, the worst nightmare was just around the corner. This was our first visit with Kenzie at the CPS office. I can't write very much about this time because it is just too hard for me to talk about right now.
Kenzie was on her way to coming home by staying with Grandpa and Grandma Sue. She was sitting up by this time and starting to roll back and forth. It was also at five months at we introduced cereal with a spoon.
At six months, getting Kenzie to lay still on the lamb was getting tough. She wanted to scoot and role. She cut her first tooth and then three more very shortly afterward.
At seven months old, Kenzie;s hair was starting to fill in, she was trying to get her legs under her to crawl and was still the happiest baby!
Back home with Mike and me, at eight months, Kenzie had almost 8 teeth (the little chomper!). She was starting to crawl and explore everything.
As you can clearly see, getting Kenzie to stay on the lamb for her photo was basically impossible.
At ten months, Kenzie was standing, cruising, trying to push things around and sporting almost 12 teeth. At one year old, Kenzie started walking all by herself. She had 14 teeth and started eating non-baby food. She uses several sign language words for "more", "all done", and "milk". She still sleeps and eats like a champ and adores her new baby sitter, Gretchen. If I hold her and ask her for kisses, sometimes she'll lean into me so I can kiss her. If I ask for hugs she'll lean against my shoulder so I can squeeze her. She points at everything and asks "what's this?" Sometimes I look at her and I'm so overwhelmed by my love for her that my heart hurts. She is our everything. My little cupcake. My Kensington.
![]() |
| Photo by www.courtneysargentphotography.com |










No comments :
Post a Comment