12.15.2012

Take a Deep Breath

I love worship music. There are endless songs on Klove and Sirius's the Message that lift me up and break through my walls in ways that other things and people cannot. I've heard that God speaks to us all in unique ways. Some hear him through dreams, some through his word, some directly into their mind, some through sermons, and wise council, and some through music...that's me. I can hear God speaking to my heart through the words of worship songs as directly as I can hear my husband speaking to my ear when he's sitting right in front of me. One of my favorite artists is Phillips, Craig, and Dean. Recently, my favorite song by this group is "When the Stars Burn Down"

The very moment I hear the initial guitar part, I can't help but take a huge breath and an almost searing and yet soothing feeling courses through me. I feel my heart beat slow down, my mind quiets, if I'm not driving my eyes close, and for just a small moment God says, "Don't forget...I'm still in control. This is all temporary."

I encourage you...take a moment and watch the video. Take a deep breath.

No comments :

Post a Comment