7.12.2013

DIY head band roll

After my exciting hair bow frame I decided to tackle a new project. A friend of mine shared her beautiful head band rolls that she made for her daughter's room and it inspired me to do the same.

Here is Jess's version:

She got her idea and tutorial from the following website and its a good one to check out for ideas: http://thebeautydepartment.com/2012/04/organization-station-headband-holder/

Here is my version:
1. I started with another trip to Hobby Lobby for more materials. Here are the additional supplies I purchased.
Fabric (I needed 2/3 yard for my paper towel roll) $3.84
Paper towel spool (I want my roll to stand, not hang) $1.99 plus I used my Hobby lobby 40% off coupon. 
Top flower $1.99
Mini pink roses $3.50

You will obviously want to pick colors and flowers that fit your room style.

2. Cover the paper towel roll in fabric. I removed the plastic first because I didn't want the hot glue to melt it. 
Once rolled, I folded the edge under to make it look nicer.

3. Tuck the fabric into the holes of the paper towel roll

4. You can now stand the roll up on the wooden holder
You will notice that it isn't very attractive so I planned to hot glue roses around the base. To do so, you have to pluck the flowers from the stems and then trim the plastic down so they will glue flat


5. There may be some extra wood showing so if you have spare roses you ca. Fill in that space


If the base doesn't lay flat you may need to trim the little plastic leaves.

6. Finally, add the flower to the top. If it has a stem, you can feed it down into the roll through the fabric. Add a couple dabs of glue to keep the flower in place.


Finished!
Here are some after photos once I added K's bows and clips to both projects




No comments :

Post a Comment